Why, after issuing the run command, does VFD run, but motor doesn’t?
The reasons could be:
- Running frequency = 0.
- The motor is faulty, the load is too heavy, or there is a mechanical jam.
- The VFD has lost output phase or has an unbalanced output phase.
- The motor and VFD connection cables are severed, or the contactor (if present) connecting the VFD and motor is not closed.
- The control board is faulty.
How to resolve this:
- Increase the running frequency for the VFD.
- Address motor issues and resolve mechanical jams before restarting.
- Check motor and VFD connection cables.
- Contact the supplier for assistance.